Question
Posted by: Exercise | 2009/03/18

While pregnant

I have just found out that I am pregnant - 5 weeks. I am just concerned because I have being going to gym as normal, walking on treadmill, cycling and weights. I read somewhere that if you exercise while pregnant you should not allow your heart rate to go above 140bpm. I always wear a heart rate monitor and yesterday my heart rate was between 140 and 150 for most of the time of my workout. Could this have damaged the foetus? Please advise

It is unlikely that one event would cause a problem, but slow down from now on.