Posted by: Winston | 2011-04-21

Which WHEY PROTEIN is good &  affordable

Hi peeps!

I''ve only used USN whey protein which is a combo between isolate and concentrate. It''s finished and I need more whey protein. So I''m either going to buy a USN refill bag or I found a website " basic supplements" , they say it''s good raw supplements and they have whey isolate and concentrate.

I train 4 times a week in the gym for about an hour each and jog about 3 times a week. My aim is to build a bit more leaner muscle and progress to achieve the look of an athlete/boxer/fit person. Not a BODY BUILDER.

Question - Should I get a USN refill or buy the basic supplement whey + should I get concentrate (Much cheaper) or isolate?

I''m a student so cash is tight.

Thanks in advance

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

HI Winston,
Thgere is no need for either. As a sports dietitian, I recommend that you meet your protein requirements from food. 20g protein can be obtained from 75g lean beef fillet or 75g lean biltong, 2/3 skinless chicken breast, 1 small fish of fish (90g), 1 tin tuna, 3 boiled eggs 6 egg whites, 125ml skim milk powder etc. This way you can save your money and increase the nutritional value of your recovery drink.