Posted by: Tommy Louw | 2009-09-16

Which Vitamins??

I am 26 years old and suffer from Cerebral Palsy and Depression. I would like to know what comprehensive vitamin would be best to take to keep healthy and keep energy? There are so many vitamins on the market.

Hi Tommy

You're right, there are many, and the truth is that none are better than the others. I think if your diet is good, then your question is actually made irrelevant, because a good diet will provide all the necessary vitamins.

However, if you still believe it is essential to get a vitamin, then I'd say any one of the multivitamin supplements are good. What you should probably avoid are the single, concentrated vitamins, since they often exceed the recommended daily intakes and we don't really know if this is safe or not. So go for a multivitamin that has most of the vitamins, but none in super high amounts.