Posted by: Nadene Viljoen | 2009-10-05

I am 37 years old and still look ok, have a few expression lines but I feel my skin looks older than it should. How do you determine and decide which skin care range would be best to use to stay looking good as there are so many on the market that are full of promises?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Nadene, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response but was away on a short break.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the skin, understand your main concerns and perform a VISIA skin analysis before deciding on a treatment plan.
Generally speaking ‘expression lines’ are best treated with the use of Botox and the overall texture of the skin are best treated using products that contain alphahydroxy acids (glycolic acid) and polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, etc.
My advice would be to look at products such as NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc
I would also consider adding a monthly regime of NeoStrata Glycolic acid peels to one’s topical regime.