Question
Posted by: Susan | 2008-12-22

Which shoes are the best?

I have just joined a gym and plan to follow the body for life programme. Which shoes should I buy - cross-trainers or running shoes for my workouts?

Hi Susan

Depends how much running you plan to do,e ven beyond your programme. The Body for Life programme is not too heavy on the running, so you could get by on cross-trainers. However, looking beyond that, I would suggest running shoes, simply because they will allow you, once you're finished, to add a bit more running to your programme. They're just as effective for training in the gym, though, so you won't lose anything this way.