Question
Posted by: wrinkle | 2011/08/25

Which one??

Hi there,
I am 28 years old and i am stressing about wrinkles.
I want to be 60 and get compliments that i dont look 60 - i am sure all women want that :-)

Can you point me in a direction on what skin products to use.
night cream, day cream and eye cream etc.
I am currently using Clinique''s cleansing system and also with night cream , day cream.
I am also using (i think its elizabeth arden) products for puffy eyes.
Is this fine for now, or can you suggest something else?
Pls assit

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Wrinkle, thank you for the question.

Your most important topical product is a good SPF and I would recommend using a SPF 50 (or higher) applied several times daily on the face, neck, and chest area (if exposed) as UV damage is the single biggest factor that causes skin ageing and visible changes on the skin (including wrinkles). The SPF should contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide so check for these ingredients when purchasing your SPF.

One should also try sun avoidance as much as possible (hat, umbrella, staying under shaded areas, etc.).

Following the above I am a firm believer in alphahydroxy (glycolic acid, etc.) and polyhydroxy acids (Lactobionic acid), vitamin C, vitamin A (or its derivatives), and other topical anti oxidants. These ingredients can be found in various forms with Environ, IS Clinical, NeoStrata, Nimue, etc.
The above listed ingredients will allow for increased moisturization and an increased cell turnover allowing the reduction of wrinkles and repair of damaged skin.

One may need to consider glycolic acid peels (every 2 to 3 months) to further enhance the topical regime but ultimately technology based treatments (IPL, fractional skin resurfacing) and injectables (Botox® and dermal fillers) will give the best possible non surgical results in keeping the skin looking and feling ‘youthful’.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/08/30

Hi Wrinkle, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert