Posted by: Desperate | 2008-11-20

Which one??

Dear Cybershrink,
I have been suffering from depression as well as anxiety for the past 3 years. I have been to see a pshycologist on numerous occasions and am on Cilift 20mg, Stresam and Xanor. My depression and anxiety has started again due to my husband starting his own business and my in laws which interfere all the time. I feel as if my visits to the pshycologist are not helping and would like to know if it wouldnt be better to see a pshyciatrist.

If the person you saw prescribed meds, then this was a psychiatrist, not a psychologist, who can't prescribe. Unless the psychologist talked with you and a GP wrote the prescriptions. In which cse it wouldindeed be better to see a psychiatrist for a re-assessment and a review of the medication. COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) can be very effective in the sort of situation you are describing.

Posted by: Desperate | 2008-11-20

If possible, please could you assist me with some psychiatrists names and no. in the Durban and Pietermaritzburg area (KZN)

Reply to Desperate