Question
Posted by: karin b | 2010/02/16

which is it?

hi doc.i have been dating this man for almost a year now and i still cant seem to trust him.its obviously ruining the relationship.i always think he is cheating or thinking of it.my ex who was also my 1st boyfriend cheated on me twice and i think maybe that might be why i cant trust my current boyfriend.the thing is how do i now tell the difference between my gut feeling telling me that my man is really cheating and when its just my insecurity and fears getting the better of me.please help me to help myself.

IF you have a bad habit of expecting and suspecting cheating even when there is no really good reason to do so, if in effect you are carying this into a fresh relationship ; then you would benefit from therapy of the CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) format, which is excellent for changing unhelpful negative habits of thought and behaviour.

1