Question
Posted by: Confused | 2011/04/13

Which is better

I''''ve been using equal sweetner for a while now and read that it can actually make you crave more sugar.

They also say that you should rather use real sugar in your coffee (like 1 teaspoon) instead of a sweetner. But then again there is some eating plans that says cut out the sugar and use sweetners.

Which is better? I don''''t really eat sweet things so I like my coffee with a bit of sweetness.

Dear Confused
If you only have one teaspoon of sugar (which provides 81 kJ) in your coffee and you drink only 2-3 cups a day (243 kJ in 3 t of sugar), then this would only represent 3.9% of your daily energy intake if you are an adult woman trying to lose weight, or 2,9% of your energy intake if you are not trying to lose weight. Artificial sweeteners, such as aspartame, have been declared 'safe for human consumption' by all the major nutrition bodies around the world, so moderate intake should not be a problem. But you will have to decide what you prefer to use.

2
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/04/13

I have the same problem sweetners make me crave sugar more. Its weird. I am sure one spoon of sugar in your coffe is not going to add to weight gain just limit yourself to the amount of coffee you consume per day.

Reply to Kasandra

Dear Confused