Posted by: Lize | 2009-06-22

Which diet?

Hi, Please can you advise me on which diet will work the best for me, or which one is would recommend, please?
Thank you!!

Dear Lize
I suspect that the other Readers have been encouraging you to use every type of slimming diet including unbalanced, fad diets. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (fad diets, the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by surfing on this site.

Um... thats what body for life is... its a lifestyle change, not a diet

Buy Body for Life.

Its not a diet but a lifestyle change and has worked for me!

Posted by: Your friendly advisor | 2009-06-22

The so called " diets"  out there are a bunch of rubbish... Believe me. the best thing and the kindest thing you can do for your body is follow a balanced diet (60% carbs, 25% protein, 15% good fats). Be diverse, have grains, dairy, protein (animal and veg), fruit, veggies, etc. If you become strict by narrowing your food choices, your body then suffers. With regards to fat loss or muscle gain, its just a matter of increasing or decreasing your caloric intake by 500cal' s. Drink enough water, eat 5 - 6 times a day, and there you have it. I am a natural body builder and this is what I do. Don' t complicate it, the problem is that whatever you do, you must be able to maintain it.
Hope this helps.

All the best :)

Reply to Your friendly advisor