Question
Posted by: Eva | 2011/04/06

Which cycle days to take Clomid and Ovidrel

Good Day Doc,

Please can you advise on which cycle days to take clomid and the hcg ovidrel and then on which days should IUI with donor sperm be done? Also, when it is said to do " back to back"  inseminations, how many days/hours apart should these inseminations be? Also, what is the success rate of pregnany with clomid &  ovidrel with donor sperm?

Many thanks for you help and patience.

Dear Eva

Clomid or similar ovulation induction agents can be used anytime commencing from day-2 to day-5 depending on what is the desired objective. For IUI purposes and where the aim is not to achieve too many oocytes/eggs (risk of higher order multiple pregnancy), then we generally would recommend using Clomid from day-4/ day-5 of your cycle. It is best to undertake some form of ovulation monitoring either using ultrasound follicle tracking or the urine LH testing kits such as Clearplan to predict when ovulation is going to occur. However if you intend to stimulate ovulation using Ovidril then follicle tracking is advised as apposed to random trigger which could be extremely dangerous and also in some cases too premature. Therefore if you intend doing IUI I would suggest that fertility monitoring be instituted by somebody who understands the objectives and can interpret ultrasound scans.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/04/11

Dear Eva

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: zelka | 2011/04/07

I have a 28 day sickle and start clomed/firtomed on day 3 the ovidrel injection I always get on day 12, but I think this will all depend al your cycle. i had my IUI on day 14, good luck

Reply to zelka