Question
Posted by: Anne | 2010-02-19

Which blood tests can pick up diabetes ?

Good Day

I would like to know which blood tests I should request to have if I want to know for sure that I don' t have diabetes.

Also must I fast in advance? If so, for how long?

Anne

Anne

You should have a glucose tolerance test done and you should fast from 24h00 until the next morning when you have your test done.

1
Posted by: Anon | 2010-02-19

You can have your fasting insulin levels tested - fasting for no more than 12 hours or you can have your sugar checked with an accucheck machine at your doctor/pharmacy

In my case the accucheck showed that my sugar was normal but my insulin levels were 38.5