Question
Posted by: vienna | 2010/01/19

Which Blood tests

Hello Dr. could you please tell me, which blood test I should
do/have to see if my hormones are balanced? I am 54 and
are taking HRT (femoston 1/10) for 1 year. I gained 4 kg in
this year. I eat balanced, exercise, drink little red wine from time to time, 1.5lts. water daily ......... I smoke.
I take calcium, magnesium and folic acid daily.

Dear Vienna
The use of female hormones for HRT, contraception, dermatological treatment, etc, can either cause weight gain or loss depending on the individual woman. It is possible that your weight gain is related to the use of the HRT, but the menopause can also cause weight gain. I would recommend that you see your gynaecologist and discuss having your female hormone levels, thyroid and insulin tested. The dr will arrange for the relevant tests.

1

Dear Vienna