Question
Posted by: Annelize | 2012/04/13

Which antidepressants work better with Urbanol and Inderal?

Dear Cybershrink

Which anti-depressant works better with Urbanol 10 mg and Inderal LA 80 mg:

(1) Serdep OR (2) Trepiline ?

The reason I am asking is because Trepiline appears as a PMB drug on Discovery''s List of medications for Multiple Sclerosis, but Serdep does NOT.

My GP prescribed Serdep , together with Urbanol 5-10mg and Inderal LA 80mg , (all three for an anxiety disorder).

Should I ask him to switch me from Serdep to Trepiline or will it clash with the Inderal and Urbanol?

The other 2 medications that I am taking are Interferon beta-1b (for Multiple Sclerosis) and Estradot 50/140 for menopause).
I am 47 years old.

Annelize

There's no answer to that specific question. We all differ in how we react to each antidepresant as well as the other drugs you mention. And except where there is a significant risk of a bad reaction to a particular combination ( and I don't see one here ) nobody studies the comparative effectiveness of the hundreds of thousanda of possible different combinations.
I'm not familiar with the term PMB, but I'm also not sure that I'd ever consider any DIscovery website as an authoritative source of information on anything at all, except presumably on Discovery policies. Like all medical aids, they choose to cover the costs of some drugs and not others, and generally prefer those of older drugs like Trpiline that have been round a long time and are cheaper and no less likely to be effective, than more recent and expensive drugs.
Thus I can believe that Discovery might cover the costs of Trepiline and not of Serdep. but I wouldn't accept that this means they have any expert reason to prefer it in helping someone with MS, just that they wouldnt have any good reason to expect Trepiline to be any less helpful than Serdep, for most people.
I don't see why one would expect a problem with the combinations you describe. I hope this helps with your concerns

1