Question
Posted by: Magrie | 2010/11/03

Whey protein/meal replacements

Hi Doc,

I want to know if I could use the USN diet fuel as a meal replacement during the day and the whey protein after work out''s? Would there be any side effects to doing this?

M

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Margie,
You should really try to meet your protein requirements with meals and snacks, rather than supplements. Research shows that active/ sports people generally meet their protein requirements without actively trying to increase protein intake. You can eat fresh, wholesome foods during the day and after work outs rather than taking a supplement. A homemade smoothie (made with fresh fruit, low fat or fat free yoghurt and raw oats) will provide the necessary carbohydrate and protein to support exercise.

The concern with taking protein supplements is that your are taking the place of foods that could potentially add greater value to your diet by proving a range of natural and essential nutrients such as fibre, antioxidants, phytonutrients etc.

2
Posted by: Rene'' | 2010/12/22

All dieticians tell me to stay away from USN products since they put ingredients in that they''re not allowed to. Be careful of the brand name.

Reply to Rene''
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2010/11/18

Hi Margie,

Reply to Sports Nutrition