Question
Posted by: Mervyn | 2009-02-17

Whey Protein Shake

I have been training for years but do not have the level of toning that I would like. My biigest issue is gettig a flat tummy. If I start to take a Whey protein shake will this help in toning my body & getting a "six pack" tummy? I am 1.7m tall & weigh 70.5kgs.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Mervyn
A six pack and flat tummy is usually the result of a low % of body fat plus exercise of the abdominal muscles. If you are overweight a whey protein shake may not help and could even aggravate the problem if it increases the fat inside your abdomen. I suggest you see a dietician and get a proper exercise program from a trainer to help you to realize your goal.