Posted by: Vee | 2012-04-20

whey protein, glutamine and diet fuel

Is it safe to use the above mentioned products when training? Is it also safe if you have high blood pressure?

Hi Vee

Yes, if the product is guaranteed to be free of contaminants. At least, this is the case for whey protein and glutamine. These are naturally occurring, either a food group or an amino acid. So no issues there. The issue is around contamination because the companies that make them often make other things, less safe and they can easily get contaminated. For diet fuel, I'm not as certain, I don't know enough about it, but I know that it probably doesn't do what it claims and there is risk, but nobody knows what it may be, because it's never tested.

Final point - all of these are ineffective if they're not part of a bigger plan. You have to get the training right, or all these products are at best a waste of money, at worst they'll undermine your efforts.