Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/03/02

Whey Protein

Hi Doc me again, u did advise the whey protein but will this make me gain weight? thats something i def dont want also how much of whey protein do i take i weigh like 52kg. What are the benefits of whey protein i no guys that are gyming and looking to bulk up take whey protein. Going back to the Glutathione i read that not only is it good for detoxing its anti aging good for the skin, will the Glutathione content in the weigh protein also help with this or do i just have this whole thing all wrong.
Thanks alot your advice is always very helpful.

Dear Mary
I actually mentioned that instead of taking L-glutathione supplements, which the body does not really absorb (so this is basically a waste of money), you can use some whey protein (perhaps 5 g a day or so) to stimulate the production of L-glutathione in your own body. Your body is perfectly capable of making its own glutathione so this is another reason not to take expensive supplements. You can also use other low-fat proteins in your diet like fat-free milk or yoghurt instead of whey protein. Seeing that whey protein is very low in fat it should not provide more than 17 kJ per gram, so small doses should not make you gain weight. The guys who are doing gym take massive doses of all kinds of sports supplements and do excessive exercise to get so bulked up. I think you should basically use up the L-glutathione that you have purchased so as not to waste money and then stick to a balanced diet to provide all the antioxidants you require.

3
Posted by: shereen mahomed | 2010/03/02

i am using a whey protein supplement that comes directly from the states.it targets fat loss and spare lean muscle.it works very well,together with a low kilojoule diet and excercise combined.how safe is it to use this product.check it out on the website.it" s calles a osolean whey powder.

Reply to shereen mahomed
Posted by: shereen mahomed | 2010/03/02

Reply to shereen mahomed

Dear Mary