Question
Posted by: boo hoo | 2011/03/22

where to turn

I need help. I cannot afford my psychiatrist anymore and I''m not on medical aid anymore either. My financial state is broke. Where do I find help?

Excellent response from Liza. There's nothing I can add.

3
Posted by: 0_0 | 2011/03/22

Tissues... . . . ?

Reply to 0_0
Posted by: Liza | 2011/03/22

Most local government clinics have a mental health clinic where you can get help. You won''t get to see a psychiatrist very often though. When you get your medication each month, you''ll usually see a psychiatric nursing sister or GP instead. They might change your medication - since they provide a rather limited selection of meds, but they usually have something that works for most people. If you go to a government hospital (instead of just the clinic), they can also help, but you usually have to pay at the hospital - usually around R40 per visit for the unemployed (the clinic is free). The advantage of going to the hospital instead of the clinic, is that the hospitals usually have a wider range of medication they can supply. The disadvantage of going to the hospital is that it can take more time than going to a clinic.

If you need more info, just ask. I''ve been there...
Liza

Reply to Liza