Question
Posted by: lucky luke | 2008/07/31

where to fine a docter

I am a 27 year old male.I never really been for a checkup.yes i kno woman go often but i really like to see someone to see if everything is still ok.you know check blood pressure, cholestrol and just see if i am healthy. The thing is i have no idea who or what to see.Obviously i general practisioner is NOT the way to go. How do i find someone. I live in the Bellville/Durbanville area. Any ideas.Thanks

Dear Lucky Luke
You CAN see a general practitioner – they can do all the basic tests for much cheaper than a specialist. Try Dr Nieuwhoudt at Graanendal shopping centre or ask around from family and friends who a good GP in your area is.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2008/07/31

A gp is fine - all you need is a full medical. Your gp would then refer you to a specific specialist if the need arose.

All gp' s conduct thorough full medicals on a daily basis and this is all you need to start with. Just be sure to state that you want a thorough medical.

Reply to anxious