Question
Posted by: melissa | 2013-02-11

where. does it start

How does one know that you are suffering from depression,what is the sign,one minute I''m fine the next minute I''m all moody,sometimes I feel things are getting too much for me the next minute I feel I can take on the world,what should I do,how do I know,cause I can feel something is wrong with me,and I think my family plays a big roll in how I feel,please help me

There's no single sign ( and other articles within H24 will outline the usual range of signs we pay attention to. ) The depressed mood is typically consistently low for weeks on end, not up and down within an afternoon.
It sounds as though you are feeling stressed and upset about aspects of your life, including your family. Seeing a counsellor could be very helpful to better understand what is troubling you and to find better ways to handle the situation.

1
Posted by: Martin Sam | 2013-02-11

Depression and elation are emotional reactions to how we perceive events, people or situations. If you see more positive than negative in an event you will feel elated (you win the lottery).

If you see more negative than positive in an event (you lose your life savings) you will feel depressed.

It sounds like some of your family members are behaving in a way you perceive as more negative than positiive.

What behaviours of which family members are you seeing as more negative than positive. Shift your emotions by asking how their behaviours are helping you instead.

Reply to Martin Sam