Question
Posted by: CT | 2009-03-12

Where do we find a sleeping clinic?

Please can you give any further information if possible as to where one can find a sleeping clinic in the JHB area? I have checked out the telephone directories, phoned INFO, asked my GP but no one seems to have any idea just where such a clinic can be found.... I have major insomnia issues and a therapist has suggested that being tested should be my next move.

I wonder if you could possibly also give some information as to just what happens at a sleep clinic?

Thanking you kindly for any possible feedback....

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Insomnia should almost never be admitted for sleep studies - if you are not sleeping at home it is unlikely you will be able to sleep in a laboratory.

Your first step is an examination by someone who understands sleep disorders, and then the decision about the next step can be made.

You can call 011-784-0278 for inforamtion regarding a consultation.