Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2011-11-17

Where do I start?

I would like to start excersizing, and eating healthy, how do I go about doing so? What food constitutes as healthy? Stews or Curry? In the past when I tried this out I found myself being more despondent as to what I should eat, and how to go about making these healthy foods. And searching for recipes meant buying plenty ingredients. I was thinking of just living on fish and veggies and cut of from starch and potassium. And to just use robertson spices and not curry or chillies. I basically want to try something that will speed up my metabolism, and help me get rid of my spare types otherwise known as " love handles" . Please help

Thanks for your reply and time in advance.

Kind regards: Nicole

Dear Nicole
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise for at least 30 min a day (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life or Curves for example). While you are on the ‘Diet & Nutrition’ site, read about every aspect of slimming. Exercise is the best method to stimulate your metabolism. If you do join a gym or Curves, ask the instructors to give you some targeted exercises for those "love handles". You do not need to cut out starches and I don't know why you would want to cut out potassium, which is a vital nutrient?? You can also still use curry and chilli, because chilli does have a slight stimulating effect on metabolism. It is not the starches, the curries or the chilli that cause weight gain but excessive energy and fat intakes.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-11-17

Dear Nicole