Question
Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2008/07/29

Where do I report?

We have a deaf mute at work who' s wages is being stolen and she is being physically and mentally abused by her daughter of 19. This daughter takes her to open accounts and if she refuses she beats her.

Does anyone have a number that I can call to report this. The mother has come to me so scared and begging that I report this as she is to scared.

I'd guess you should call the police and persuade her to lay charges against her daughter, of theft, assault, and whatever ; and also call the welfare authorities to investigate this abusive home. I wonder whether POWA which is supposed to care for abused women can help, too. The deafness will be a challenge as most policemen, welfare workers, etc., will be uncomfortable and unaware of how to work helpfully with a deaf person. Maybe call DEAFSA or some similar group to arrange for a good translator to be on hand to help her ?

What do other readers suggest here ?

1
Posted by: Admin | 2008/07/29

We have posted this on Hadicap expert for any suggestions.

Reply to Admin