Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2008-11-15

Where do I go to for help!

Refer to my first quesion 522. Tx for the answers but I am still in the dark as to who will be able to help me. My friend has been to his GP and he gave my friend Mycostatin cream. When we do not have sex or oral sex the cream helps and the rash goes away but once we start having sex again the rash is back. I want to know what causes this and what treatment there is for this rash so that it can be cured, not just a temporary solution. Where do I find a medical sexual health professional? Is there a list of such professionals somewhere? What if I have a disease in my mouth that causes this situation? Whom do I go to for this, mouth and throat specialist? We are both extremely clean on our person and do not have other sexual partners. Thrush according to the internet is the same as Candida, if I have it correctly. My gynaecologist specifically said I do not have Candida. I do not have any symptoms of thrush as described on the internet.

I would suggest you call the SASHA helpline 0860 100 262. The operators have a list of sexual health practitioners throughout the country and they could link with a practitioner in your area.

As a non medical sexologist your question is outside of my area of expertise. I hope you get help in this regard.