Question
Posted by: BC | 2012/09/18

Where can I get help

I was diagnosed with Bipolar 4 years ago. Have been on medication, have had problems recently and not taking at the moment. I have no money, lots of bad choices. I have no support close to me, cause they say this is not a real thing and I must just get on with things. I have been trying, and have not been worrying my family and stuff with my very bad depression and other things. I want to go back on meds, because I am very afraid and not feeling well at all, but what can I do if i do not have the financial means to see my specialist.
I know its my fault, and want to fix things for myself but i feel powerless.

Handling prescription costs isn't easy, I know. But its important with a condition like Bipolar not to go off the meds except on expert advice, ( and there can be some unpleasant symptoms related to suddenly stopping such meds )and you should con sider seing a psychiatrist at a state / provincial hospital or clinic or medical school, where you can receive suitable meds either free or at a cost related to your income and finances.
They might not always have the most recent and expensive drugs available, but those are only very rarely needed to treat you well. Once things have stabilized from the bipolar point of view, you can work more effectively at sorting out your financial problems, and maybe then resume seeing your previous shrink.

2
Posted by: anon | 2012/09/18

Phone Sadag number above this page and they will be able to refer you to a psychiatrist in your area who you can see and who won''t charge you. Am sorry you are experiencing such a bad time right now but it is commendable that you recognise that you do need to go back on your medication, which as you know has to be monitored properly. Good luck!

Reply to anon