Question
Posted by: XSMOKER | 2009-08-27

When you quit...

I was wondering if you could advise me. I am trying to get pregnant, and have been told that when you smoke, you have a high chance of blood clotting, and that this can happen when the embryo tries to implant, which obviously prevents success. I have also heard that it can weaken the lining of the uterus and cause it to fall away. Is this true? If so, how soon after quitting smoking does the clotting stop and how soon does the lining have no risk of falling away?

My other more important question is. I have quit smoking already, but by just a few days, however, if by luck, I got pregnant this cycle, could going cold turkey cause be to loose the very new embryo? Or will the with drawl symptoms not affect it?

Smoking does affect pregnancy and fertility in a variety of ways and what you have said is a simplified version of what happens. The effects are probably gone within a month.
Withdrawal symptoms will not cause you to miscarry.

Best wsihes