Question
Posted by: G | 2008/10/13

When will my period return

I gave birth to my daughter in January. I breastfed exclusively for 4 months and since going back to work have been breasfeeding only at night and she gets formula during the day.

She is now 9 months old and I still haven' t got my period (I had a bit of spotting when she was about 3 months old for a day or 2 but nothing since then).

Is this normal as I am not breastfeeding exclusively? My periods have always been a bit irregular as I have PCO. I am not on any contraceptives as we conceived this baby through IVF as my husband has very poor sperm quality. Any pregnancy now would be a blessing!

Thanks in advance!

It could be related to the breastfeeding and also the PCOS.