Posted by: Hopefull | 2009-02-24

when will it wear off????

hi, i' ve been on the nuristerate for 3yrs and last yr april i stoped and took the tryphasils thinking that it will regulate my period, as soon as i stoped taking them (june) my period have been very eraguler i have been spotting and then i stopped completly and now have been going for 3 weeks a month i only hv 1 week free..
i have been to see the doctor and she says that the only way to regulate my period is to take more contraceptive pills which i dont want to cause i feel that it will prolong me getting pregnant.. my question is how long will it take for these contraceptives to wear off, i' m sick of it and i want a baby.. i cant even enjoy sex any more cause the robot is forever red..

The pill is out of your system within 3 months. Your irregular bleeding is not related to the Pill. It could still be the effect of the injection, but I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist to measure your womb lining and then decide what needs to be done.