Posted by: So Over It | 2013-02-12

When will it END???!!!!!!

I made mistakes in my teen years, Everyone does. No one is perfect. People make mistakes, especially when there are events and people around said person making life miserable. So why must I have these mistakes shoved back in my face time and time again? It''s been a decade, MOVE ON! Why should I, as a 26 year old, still be punished for things I did when I was 16? They want to make themselves look better by doing so, but they are pathetic for holding grudges for so long.

My husband and I are childhood sweethearts, but I made mistakes. So did he, but I made mine first and they were worse. Fact is, he chose to stay with me. He chose to play happy family with me. What on earth gives him the right to shove my mistakes in my face every now and again? Whenever we have a fight he brings it up and I then stop the fight, not because I think I''m in the wrong, but because I don''t want to go there. He says I hurt him, does he not understand that I hurt myself and that by him doing this to me so far down the line, it hurts me too?

Arrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg I just want him to stop being like this. I don''t bring up his mistakes, I stuck with him through his drinking and fighting and drugs, but now I''m not worthy because of mistakes I made as an unhappy teen?

I keep telling him if he''s so unhappy he must go, he never does. When I start to pack his things, then we must suddenly make up.

People need to grow up.

Souns like he himself is insecure and ues you past mistakes as a handy weapon in any row between you. And if he is drinking, fighting and doing drugs, his problems sound onsiderably worse than yours, and he may be looking for excuses rather than manfully taking responsibility for hisn own bad choices and behaviours.
Why not pres hard and pleasantly for the pair o you to see and work with a marriage counsellor ? Then yo may be able to work these things out as a couple, with expert help, advice and referee

Posted by: FK | 2013-02-13

He is useless why do you leave with someone who treats u in this manner. He is holding a gun against your head. How are you going to grow old toegether. What have you done

Reply to FK