Question
Posted by: Riley | 2011/04/08

When will i be too old to have kids?

OMG Im turning 36, still no kids - my boyfriend taking his time to marry me. I dont want a baby out of wedlock.

When will we be too old to have children.

Im follow a very healthy lifestyle. Nutrition, excersize - i dont smoke, i dont drink and im not on any medication - just contraceptives (Ovral).

I still want to get engaged (be engaged for 6mnths) then get married. I would like to be married at least 2yrs before kids. i will be almost 40 then!!! Well that was the plan!!

I also posted this question with the FERTILITY expert, but would appreciate your reply!!

Fertility does drop off after age 35, though many women fall pregnant relatively easily up to 40 years. Remember that the risk of Down syndrome increases at this age. You may need to factor this in to your plans.

1