Question
Posted by: Genie | 2011/03/09

When will I be protected on first course of contraceptive

I started my first course of Nordette contraception.
I saw on this website that Some other people say that i will be protected after 7 active pills ( yellow ones) and others-say that I should wait for 14 days.

If I have intercourse and I have taken the active pills for about 8 days, would I be Protected against falling pregnant.

Please can u assist?....

Thank you...

You are protected after 7 active pills.

2

You are protected after 7 active pills.

Posted by: 43yrs old | 2011/03/10

Genie

What I do know is that, if you do forget to take the pill, it could result in your being unsafe for seven days.

If you remember within 12 hours of the time you usually take the pill, to take the missed tablet as soon as possible.

If you only remember within 36 hours, you should take all the tablets you missed at once.

In both these cases you should continue to take your pill at the usual time, but also use condoms for seven days to prevent possible pregnancy.

If you have had sexual intercourse during this time, contact your doctor and ask about emergency contraception –  generally known as the morning-after

Reply to 43yrs old