Question
Posted by: opal | 2010/10/02

When will baby be born?

Hi there:)

I am 37 years old and 36 weeks preggy with my 3rd son. On my last check up the gynae said babies head was deep into the pelvis, he checked the placenta and the amniotic fluid, no calcification visible, from my side tho i have been getting period like twinges and quite a bit of watery vaginal discharge.
My concern is, how will I know if the watery discharge is just discharge or amniotic fluid? I went into labour spontaneously at 37 weeks 6.5 years ago, at that time the discharge was about the same, barely at trickle,with no contractions and was about cm dilated when I got to hospital (at my husbands insistence as I could not tell if I was in labour or not), how will I know when I am in labour this time?
My next appointment is next Thursday when I will be having my first vaginal exam since about 10 weeks, should I be concerned?
Help, lol....:)

The only way you will know if your waters have broken would be to see your doctor to check. Amniotic fluid is clear like tap water not thick like a discharge. When the contractions are regular and at least 10 min apart, you will know that you are in labour.

2

Posted by: opal | 2010/10/02

apologies, meant to type that I was 4cm dilated when I went into hospital 6.5 yrs ago,
thanx...

Reply to opal