Question
Posted by: DANI | 2012/03/05

WHEN TO TEST

Hi Guys.. i ovulated feb 23rd.. my last period being Feb 17th a 23 day cycle. Now im extremely bloated, i have these terrible headaches, my breasts are sore but on the nipple, and around.. i have extreme fatique, i literally fall asleep at my desk. What could this be? And im jus hungry..Please advise.. i did a hpm on friday but it was neg..

Dear Dani

It is highly unlikely that you would have ovulated on the 23rd of February if your last period was on the 17th. I am assuming that you count the first day of bleeding as day-1 of your period. Ovulating on day-7 of your cycle is extremely rare if not impossible and therefore I would urge you to relook your dates and also reassess the manner in which you have calculated / evaluated your ovulation date. To assess ovulation based on symptoms such as pain and vaginal discharge is very unreliable as many hormonal imbalances and other situations can mimic the ovulation symptoms. The bloatedness, headaches and breast symptoms may strongly be suggestive of a hormonal imbalance secondary to an ovarian cyst and I would recommend that you visit your practitioner or gynaecologist as soon as possible. If your practitioner suspects that you might be pregnant then a blood quantitative pregnancy test must be done to confirm or exclude this possibility.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/03/20

Dear Dani

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert