Question
Posted by: Mart | 2008/07/05

When to take the correct medication.

Currently taking zoloft, wellbutrin, xanon and zolpidem. When should I take what, in the morning or at night and what times will be best to take these meds. Is it okay to continue to take centrum and omega 3 in the morning aswell.

Firstly, Mart, as I keep reminding people --- NEVER EVER accept a prescription from your doctor without asking tjhis sort of question and getting a good answer --- he is paid to discuss this with you. Similarly, never fill a prescription at the pharmacist without asking the same questions and getting a good answer. And the pharmacist can call the doctor to get clarification. This is not a combination of meds I would have prescribed, so I can't guyess what specific plan your doctor had, and thus how and when he wouild want you to take these. And insist that the pharmacist gives you a copy of the "package insert" which is required by the regulations and will give you a great deal of information in print.
ZOloft and Wellbutrin are both antidepressants. I have never combined them, and would only consider doing so in someone with an unusually severe and complex Depression which has not responded well to either of these on their own, or other antidepressants, given for a suitable length of time at proper normal doses.
You don't mention whether you are taking Wellbutrin ordinary release form or in the SR ( slow-release ) form, nor do you mention doses --- Wellbutrin SR is usually taken in the morning, as it tends to be energising. Zolpidem is a sleeping med , obviously to be taken at night only when you are ready to sleep.
I have never heard of Xanon, and find no mention of it on my web-search, and Xenon is an inert gas, and hardly likely to be what yoiu're talking of --- so I haven't the faintest idea of what it is. If it is also a sleeping med, I don't understand why one would give two sleeping meds at the same time.
If your doc didn't explain to you, and let you make notes, exactly how he/she wanted you to take these meds, and why, then he/she didn't do their job completely, and you should call the doc and ask for an explanation of how and why to take this unusual combination of meds.

4
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/06

Mart, you need to create a new post as CS won't see your second message on this one.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Mart | 2008/07/06

My mistake I ment Xanor SR 0.5mg, Wellbutrin SR, Zoloft 50mg and Zolpidem 10mg. I did phone my Psychiatrist and he said I should take Xanor SR and Wellbutrin SR in the morning, Zoloft at 8pm and Zolpidem in bed at night. Would you say that this would be the best times for this type of medication. I have been diagnosed with major depression, anxiety and OCD. Therefore these meds were prescribed for me. My concern is, is this the right meds and how long will it take to start feeling that the meds are working.

Reply to Mart
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/06

I think Mart you probably mean't xanor ?

Reply to anon
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008/07/05

Are you taking Wellbutrin SR or XL or the immediate release form and what dose are you on? That will determine what times you take it and how often. Zolpidem is a sedative, so is most likely to be a sleep aid, as Wellbutrin can be quite energising, so Zolpidem is usually taken at bedtime.

Your doc or pharmacist should really have explained it to you and I think you should contact one of them and ask them. I was given very specific instructions for taking the Wellbutrin as too high a dose at any one time can increase the risk of seizures, and this also depends on the dosage form (SR, XL etc)

Perhaps CS can suggest a general schedule, but he'd probably also need to know what doses you take.

Reply to Kay in Gtown