Question
Posted by: Cate | 2009-03-29

When to start IVF?

Would just like to know how this works please. Does IVF have to be started at a specific time of the month. I am going for bloodtests next week, on the 2nd day of my period, and hubby for sperm analysis shortly thereafter. If all is ok, when would the IVF prcedure start? Many thanks!

Dear Cate

This entirely depends on which stimulation protocol is going to be used. In short flare-up protocols you would normally start with the onset of menses whereas in the long down-regulation protocol your treatment would start on Day 21 or the mid0luteal phase of your cycle.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim