Question
Posted by: Me | 2009/05/11

WHEN TO LOSE THE PILL?

Good day doc,
i'  m 25 and got married last year. my husband and i wpold really like to get pregnant this year. how long does it take after i stopped using the pill(using minerva) that i could get pregnant? some people tell me 3 months and some say within 3 days. what would you say is best?

Dear Me

One’s ability to fall pregnant after stopping the pill is almost immediate. However it does not necessarily mean that you will fall pregnant immediately. On average it would take a couple between 3 to 6 months to achieve a pregnancy after stopping the pill.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo