Question
Posted by: Anonimous | 2011/03/05

When to have a pap smear

I am 35 and a virgin, been on ovral since I was about 21 due to endometriosis. I''ve got a gynae appointment in a couple of weeks (my first since I was diagnosed with endometriosis and put on ovral by a gynae) and I''ve never had a pap smear. I am as nervous as can be to go to gynae cause she might want to do a pap smear. Would it be wise to ask her not to do one if she suggests that she needs to it?

Usually pap smears are only done if you are sexually active. You can discuss this with your gynaecologist.

4

Posted by: Anonimous | 2011/03/06

Thanks for the comments - that helps settle the nerves a bit!

Reply to Anonimous
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/06

Since you are a virgin, why not go for the cervical cancer vaccine - then even when you do become sexually active you still won''t need to have pap smears done.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/06

Only women who are sexually active are at risk of developing cervical cancer so if you are a virgin, you don''t need to have a pap smear. Tell the gynae you are a virgin and she then won''t do a pap smear.

Reply to Purple