Question
Posted by: Me | 2010-11-22

When to do HPT?

When can I take a HPT to determine whether pregnant? Is 1 day after a missed period enough time? Can I take one before I''ve even got to my expected period date?...

The best would be to wait till 3 days after missing a period, else you may have false negatives.

4
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-24

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-24

Posted by: Me | 2010-11-23

Thank you very much Purple. I''m due to get my period today, and so far no sign, and have tender breasts and very dry nipples (which I had last time I was pregnant, but resulted in a miscarriage). I''m holding thumbs......

Reply to Me
Posted by: Purple | 2010-11-23

Wait until at least the day your period is due. If it is negative, it might still be too early, wait about 4 or 5 days and try again.

If it is very close to the day your period was due, use your first morning urine as the concentration of pregnancy hormone is highest then as you have been holding it in all night.

Some tests will show positive before your period was due, but the vast majority are not sensitive enough to do so.

Reply to Purple