Posted by: Candi | 2008-12-15

When should she start

Hi Doc,
Dont know if im at the correct forum, but my daughter who is now 15 has still not started menstrating.
I dont know if i should worry about this or not.
Please advise.

Dear Candi
Some girls only start late - at about 16 years, especially the thin, tiny girls. If however you see signs that she is not developing breasts or other secondary sexual caracteristics (underarm hair etc) you could take her to a gynecologist for an evaluation and blood tests to see if she has delayed puberty.

Posted by: Murtle | 2008-12-15

When i asked my doctor about that. He told me that if by the age of 16 years they havent started then it will be a good idea to go and have them checked out. He also said that if the child is underweight they might start later. If I was you i would phone your doctor and just ask them.

Reply to Murtle