Question
Posted by: ltd | 2009-09-23

WHEN SHOULD MY NEXT PERIOD

I HAD MY LAST PERIOD WAS FROM THE 19 TO THE 23 OF AUGUST AND MY PERIOD STILL HASNT COME AND ITS THE 23 OF SEPTEMBER,I DID DO A PRGNANCY TEST AND IT CAME OUT NEGATIVE IS IT THAT IT WAS TO EARLY FOR THE DETECTION OF A PREGNANCY.WHEN I GO URINATE THEN WHEN I WIPE A LIGHT BLOOD STAIN IS LEFT ON THE TOILET PAPER OTHER THAN THAT MY PERIOD STILL HASNT COME WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Dear Ltd

I would suggest that you wait atleast another 4-5 days and should your period not still arrive, repeat the pregnancy test. If the pregnancy test is still negative visit your gynaecologist as there might well be an ovarian cyst causing the problem.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim