Question
Posted by: KIM | 2009-04-08

WHEN SHOULD I TRY TO CONCEIVE AGAIN

Good Afternoon
In 2007 I had cervical erosion which I had rectified after my GYN cauterised it in a hospital procedure. I moved to another province and after finding out by blood test that I was pregnant had to find another doctor.At five weeks pregnant, had a nasty fall where i injured my cocyxx.I then went to the doctor who confirmed everything was fine by abdominal scan.Then at 7 weeks after a local flight i started spotting then bleeding, i then went to the doctor again to find out that i was having a miscarriage by abdominal scan, they took blood tests to confirm also. They then said i might have a blighted ovum (never confirmed) and gave me tablets (CYTEC) saying i dont need a d &  c and i should bleed for 3 weeks.In the fourth week of bleeding I had huge clots and very heavy bleeding called the doctor and they said sounds like a normal period. In the fifth week I went for a second opinion and the doctor did a vaginal scan and confirmed that I still had the sac and tissue inside also this was confirmed by blood test (still pregnant)!!! i went for an emergency evacuation the next day. I should be fine now, will see the doctor in six weeks. When can we conceive again??? Three months from the D&  C (July) or 3 months from the incomplete miscarriage?(which would have been June) i want to fall pregnant as soon as possible.Thanking you kindly

As it is more than 3 months since July, it doesn't really matter. You can fall pregnant now.

1
Posted by: KIM | 2009-04-16

the operation was 2007, but i fell pregant 2009, sorry dont think i was clear enough....so i take it JULY 09 i should start trying???tx doc

Reply to KIM