Question
Posted by: Yola | 2008/06/18

When should I test?

How many days after ovulation will a home pregnancy test show if you are pregnant. I did a test 16 days after, and it showed negative. I am now about 7 days late should I test again and when?

You can test again now.Co

5
Posted by: Yola | 2008/06/18

Thank you. I am very regular!! And I have been trying for 5 years for my seconc child, with all the fertility treatment that goes with that. I have never in my live been so late (now 7 days) or missed my period. I will wait a day or 2 and do another test.

Reply to Yola
Posted by: Shaky | 2008/06/18

Hi Yola,

Have to agree with BR, also speaking from experience. i was also 3 days late when i took my first test, but waited for another week, then the test showed a very slight positive line and i still was not sure, but then went for the blood test which confirmed pregnancy. I would suggest you take another HPT or better still get a blood test which is much more accurate.

BR I am sorry about the ectopic pregnancy. May god keep you healthy and safe and bless you with a normal pregnancy soon. Have faith and take care of u.

Reply to Shaky
Posted by: Anon2 | 2008/06/18

If you have a regular period You test the day your period is due. I myself does not trust Home preg. tests I only do Blood tests.
If she did a home test then it is still possible to be pregnant but I blood test would be accurate.
Sorry if I missled somebody.

Reply to Anon2
Posted by: BR | 2008/06/18

Anon2, I totally disagree with you, only out of self experience. In November I was 3 days late, test, and it was Negative. Only after I was 12 days late, did it start showing positive. Unfortunately for me it was an ectopic.

So ja, Yola, it could still be possible for you to be preggies. Rather opt for a blood test, it is more acurate.
BR

Reply to BR
Posted by: Anon2 | 2008/06/18

You can test the day you period is due. If it is negative you are not pregnant

Reply to Anon2