Question
Posted by: Suzy | 2012-03-08

When it becomes a problem getting pregnant

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I am just wondering when does not getting pregnant become a problem? In other words, after how many months of trying do you have to consider getting help to get pregnant? Or do you wait for a year?

Dear Suzy

It is usually consider a problem if 9 months of unprotected regular intercourse fails to achieve a conception. Certainly beyond 1 year the definition of infertility applies.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012-03-20

Dear Suzy

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Bee | 2012-03-08

The doctors say that you must go after a year.

I would go after 9 months, if I was you. Like Mary says: you could be wasting time.

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Mary | 2012-03-08

I would suggest if you are worried go and seek help from your gyne or fertility specialisit. I waited the ''full year'' and I regret not going sooner. So much time waisted.

Reply to Mary