Posted by: Tumi | 2012-11-12

When is the right time???

Good day Doc

I''ve just recently started dating this guy,we get along very well,he makes me feel like a Queen,the thing is i was merried for three years and i have''nt told him that,i am also HIV+. When is the right time to disclose such information to your partner? Most guys have a problem with weman that have been merried,even worse if you have the virious...

Sorry, my watched broke and stopped a while back ! ( that's true !)
Seriously, there's no exact timing, as so much depends on the personalities, the nature of the relationship, and so on. I suppose its best to tell him, calmly, in a proper discussion ( not blurted out, out of the blue ) before he's likely to find it out himself, and surely before you two have unprotected sex, indeed preferably, before you have sex at all ?

Posted by: Kelly | 2012-11-12

Wow! Being ''merried'' with a ''virious'' is a double wammy for him I guess. If I was him I would be out of there in a second. Well after I got over the shock of finding out though. Well if he''s positive himself then I''m sure he wont have a problem.

How would you feel if you were negative and with a guy who was positive and he never told you? Tell the guy ASAP and deal with wihatever decision he decided to make.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Anon | 2012-11-12

In my opinion you should tell him sooner rather than later, I would personally feel betrayed if someone didn''t tell me these things early on as both of them are important to me. If this guy has a problem with those things waiting longer mostly likely wont make him care less, he also has the right to leave early on if he doesn''t like certain things, instead of wasting his time with someone who might not meet what he wants in a partner.