Posted by: Steff | 2008-11-11

When is the right time?

Me and my boyfriend have broken up a month ago after 4 years of living together. I haven' t seen him since, even though we live in a small town. I know at which places he hangs out, so I have been trying to avoid him. now everybody says that i should at least face him before i can go on with my life. He' s going on a business trip the end of the month until next year, and i don' t know if I should postpone the " meeting"  until that time. i am so confused, and just scared that if i see him again, this whole month that I' ve been avoiding him, and coming to terms with the break up, will just bring back all those feelings. On the other hand, i feel that maybe it will let the getting over process go quicker. I desperately need help, seeing that i' ve never gone through such a big break up.

The advice you're getting doesn't sound very wise. I see no reason to feel you MUST met with him --- rather move on with your own life, and his absence on business may help this to happen.

Posted by: Bee | 2008-11-11

I agree, you don' t HAVE to see him, that is ridiculous. If you bump into him fine, but there is no reason you have to see him.

Reply to Bee