Question
Posted by: Candy | 2010/10/29

When is the best timing for an IUI

I performed an IUI last Friday, 22 October 2010, but I wasn''t happy with my Doctor''s calculations. Please advise when is the right time to try again because I don''t think something will happen this time around.

My last period started on 10/10/2010 (My flow is 7 days)
On the second day of my period 11/10/2010 I started taking Fertomid which I took for 5 days, the last one was taken on the 15/10/2010. On the 16/10/2010 I started counting for my fertility and according to my calculations we were suppose to perform IUI on the 21, 23 or 24 of October 2010 but my doctor said lets do it on Friday 22/10/2010.
I am not sure when exactly I ovulated but its between 25 and 26/10/2010 do you think the sperm was still alive?

I am planning to try again next month, when is the perfect time to perform an IUI? My expected next period is 11/11/2010, Cycle Length is 32 or 33 days and my Luteal Phase is 17 days, please advise.

If you work on cycle lengths it is a hit and miss. Your doctor should check your follicles with scans from Day 11-12 and will then be able to predict the time of ovulation. Many doctors also give an HCG injection around Day 12 and then the time of ovulation is exactly 36 hours later.

1