Question
Posted by: Rain | 2010/01/09

When is my real ' ' Due date' ' ?

I discovered i was pregnant with my 1st baby at at 5 weeks, then my due date was 26 Match, everytime i visit my doctor my due date keeps moving foward and i dont know which 1 to belive becaus enow it has even gone to the 10th March. Now i dont know when to trake my meternity leave because im 31 weeks pregnant now... I Need advise!!!

Dear Rain

The most reliable due date is taken from earlier ultrasound scans more especially those scans done between 8 weeks and 16 weeks of pregnancy. As the pregnancy advances there is greater fluctuation in the expected delivery date due to different babies growing at different rates. Not all babies are born at the same weight and therefore there is a significant variation in later pregnancy. However in early pregnancy the rate of growth is generally more uniform and therefore your early pregnancy scans should be used to fix your expected delivery date.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/12

Dear Rain

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert