Posted by: Nkamo | 2009-04-06

when is it suitablefor infertility treat

hi Doc, when is it suitable to go for an infertility treatment.I am a lady of 30, my husband and I have been trying to have a child since 2004 but to no avail.his sperm count and motility are very low while on the other hand my hormonial profile is fine and my HSG shows I have one blocked tube

Dear Nkamo

As you have a very long history of infertility and in addition your husband’s sperm count and motility is very low and all above that you only have one fallopian tube that is functional then you are now suitable for infertility treatment. The earlier you have the infertility treatment the better the chance of your success rate.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo