Question
Posted by: Sherry | 2012-05-15

When is it safe?

I had my baby on the 15 February 2012 - six weeks thereafter my doctor said it was safe for me to go back on the pill. I am now taking Triodene. I am also not breastfeeding.

I am finishing my second packet in the next few days and I would like to find out when will I be safe again (to have sex without a condom)? In my first packet of pills there was a week when I was on anti-biotics. In this my second packet, I''ve been taking over the counter medicine (for colds and flu) for the past week.

Are we safe yet?

If it is more than 2 weeks since you stopped the antibiotics then you are safe. The flu medication should not affect the Pill.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-05-17